Rock and Roll Over to Help Dog Shelters Nationwide
Rock and Roll Over is a collaborative project featuring a bunch of really talented songwriters from East Nashville. The songwriters teamed up to write songs about dogs and St. Louis based record label, Moosylvania Records released it. All of the proceeds from this project go to support animal shelters across the country. The album features 17 all new songs and was released digitally this summer to begin getting money to those shelters in the difficult time we have all been in. Now the record is being released to press and radio to continue raising awareness of the project and money for those shelters.
Rock and Roll Over started as an idea between Moosylvania Rafter Records owner, Norty Cohen and The Truehearts’ Steve McWilliams, as they faced a country and music industry put on hold by the pandemic raging in our nation. The record was the answer to the question of what to do with this new found free time that could combine the things that so many of us love: music, dogs, and helping people. After coming up with the concept they began contacting friends from across the vast landscape of the East Nashville music scene to gauge interest in writing a song about their four-legged friends for a good cause. The response was overwhelmingly amazing…everyone was in. All of the artists were tasked with picking a breed of dog and writing a song about them. The songs started coming in droves, seems that everyone wanted to lend their talents to this project. They enlisted Dave Coleman to help produce the album and things were set. The songs on Rock and Roll Over vary in style and instrumentation, but the threads of exceptional songwriting and rock n roll run strongly throughout.
With the finished product in their hands, Cohen and McWilliams decided to use the album as a way to raise money and awareness for animal shelters all over the country. With that goal in mind, they released the album to streaming and digital platforms this summer, with all of the proceeds going straight to animal shelters all over the country. Now the record, complete with extensive liner notes about all of the artists involved, is being made available for the music press and radio DJs across the country. What started as a way to fill time during a very dark time in our nation, has become a showcase for a group of talented songwriters and a way to shed a positive light on a great cause.
- Dog By Your Side : The Truehearts
- King of the Pack : Mike Younger
- Do The Dachs-Hound : Bob Lewis w/ Phill Price
- Your Forever Friend : Anana Kaye and Irakli Gabriel
- That’s My Retriever : Bob Lewis
- Woooooo All Day : Irakli Gabriel and Brett Ryan Stewart
- Mutts Will Rule The World : Steve Rempis
- Pit Bulls Rock : Jimmy Catlett
- Berner : The Truehearts
- I’m a Terrier : Mark Robinson
- My Labrador Retriever : David Conrad
- Little Lion : Steve Rempis
- Blue ‘Bama Brindle : Meghan Hayes
- I, Chihuahua : Rebecca Weiner Tompkins and David Conrad
- He’s a Poodle : Megan Palmer and Jason Quicksall
- I am Your Beagle : Jamie Rubin
- The Shepherd : Megan Palmer and Jason Quicksall