Cookin’ with Chris: Dark and Stormy Cookies
We all knew it was just a matter of time until the sweets recipes started to come out! This is quick, easy, and will please all you ginger fans out there forever…
Dark and Stormy Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups AP flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup candied ginger cut to the size of raisins
- 1 cup dark rum
(Marinate the raisins and candied ginger in the rum for 2 hrs. at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, fresh ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture and fold in the raisins and candied ginger.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet, let cool before removing.
- Serve sticking in a ramekin of French vanilla ice cream.
PS- If you whisk the rum from marinating the raisins and ginger with confectioner’s sugar,….the drizzle is insane,…