Cookin’ with Chris: Asian Peanut Noodles
Editor’s note: Chris Shaw is normally out and about writing about his restaurant adventures in the “Chris’s Short Take” articles. In light of the quarantine, Chris has graciously agreed to post some of his favorite recipes instead. Bon Appétit!
Well…change of plans! I got pelted with requests from folks saying, “Just give us some easy recipes to play with here in Quarantineville!” Here’s the #1 request!!!!!
Asian Peanut Noodles
A hodgepodge of recipes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. Peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. Soy sauce
- Hot sauce or pepper flakes to taste
- Sesame oil to taste
- 1 lg.Red pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh peeled grated ginger, (use microplane or grater)
- 2 lg. cloves of Garlic fine minced
- Scallions cut on the bias
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Fine ground peanuts
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- Prepare pasta like always. Drain, rinse LIGHTLY, set aside keep warm
- In a medium heat saucepan, heat stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, and whatever you want for heat. Whisk until combined. (Don’t worry if there are “strands” of PB,…)
- In a large skillet sauté the peppers, garlic, and ginger for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock mix, heat that through. Dress with just a little splash of sesame oil. Toss the noodles Plate, Garnish. Devour.
Total time: 30 mins
Keep those requests comin’…