FIVE FIRSTS: Mark Mulcahy
NAME: Mark Mulcahy
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … I’m not totally sure. Beatles? I remember buying the last Skynyrd record.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Sabbath
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A snare drum.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Public might be a stretch, but I believe it might’ve been “Until She Talks”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … 10 Fourth Graders. We lip synched.
A Greater Nippertown favorite back in the glory days of QE2, Mark Mulcahy – of such bands as Miracle Legion and Polaris – makes a stop at The Linda in Albany on Friday (November 10) in support of his latest solo album, “The Possum in the Driveway.” Chris Collingwood – of Fountains of Wayne and Look Park – opens the show at 8pm. Tickets are $16 in advance; $18 at the door.