FIVE FIRSTS: Andrew Green of Roosevelt Dime
NAME: Andrew Green
BAND AFFILIATION: Roosevelt Dime
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Nirvana’s Nevermind
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … John Fogerty at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC, followed closely by Herbie Hancock & the Headhunters at Irving Plaza (it was a good week…)
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a 3/4 size nylon string guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones at a junior high school talent show
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Station, which was a funk/rock band with my high school buddies. We were big on the NYC public high school Battle of the Bands scene.
Andrew Green straps on his banjo to join his bandmates in Roosevelt Dime at the Parish Public House in Albany at 8pm on Thursday (January 12) for the feel-good groove of classic R&B with acoustic Americana instrumentation. Milkweed opens the show. Tickets are $10 in advance; $12 at the door.