FIVE FIRSTS: Mike Trash of the Erotics
NAME: Mike Trash
BAND AFFILIATION: The Erotics
INSTRUMENT: Vocals, guitar and sometimes bass
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … First album I ever bought was Elton John’s Greatest Hits, when I was in second grade in 1976/77. I also unknowingly bought my first hard rock album that year, too. I bought Go to Hell by Alice Cooper because I really liked the ballad “I Never Cry,” not realizing the rest of the record would scare the hell out of me…
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Kiss on their Creatures of the Night Tour
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a Montgomery Ward guitar I got for Xmas in 1982.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … I remember playing “Heartbreaker” by Led Zeppelin at a backyard party in summer/fall of ’83 and being pretty proud of myself for nailing the solo, after only playing guitar for nine months at that point.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … I was in a high school band called Scarlet and then another called Sik Ticket. We played high schools and bowling alleys and stuff.
Mike Trash leads the Erotics in concert at the Low Beat in Albany for a Mischief Night/Halloween Bash at 8pm on Friday (October 30). The show is a CD release party for their new three-song EP, “Three Sheets to the Wind” – go here to hear the title track – as well as a bon voyage party for their week-long tour of the UK. Sharing the stage at the Low Beat will be Horror Business and the return of Phillips Head. Admission is $7.