Five Firsts: Caroline Shaw of Roomful of Teeth
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Billy Joel’s River of Dreams
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Beach Boys reunion tour in the ’90s
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a box violin made of a paint stick glued to a fruit roll-ups box
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Mississippi Hot Dog” for solo violin
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … the Atticus String Quartet (1998-2002)
Vocalist, violinist and Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Caroline Shaw joins her fellow vocalists in the Grammy Award-winning experimental a cappella ensemble Roomful of Teeth for a concert at Proctors’ GE Theatre in Schenectady at 7:30pm on Wednesday (February 11). Tickets are $35.
BUT WAIT… We’re giving away a pair of FREE TICKETS to the show. To enter, just post a comment below. Please leave your email address, too. We won’t publish it, but we’ll use it to contact you if you win. The deadline to enter is 12noon today (Tuesday, February 10), and the winner will be selected at random and notified this afternoon. Don’t delay, enter today! And good luck!