Nippertown’s 2014 Year in Review Pop Quiz
By Greg Haymes
How good is your musical memory? Here’s a pop quiz about the past 12 months around the Nippertown music scene – 14 quick questions for 2014:
1. Who headlined at both Albany’s Alive at Five and Troy’s Rockin’ On the River?
2. Who was the only Local 518 rocker to grace SPAC’s amphitheater stage this summer?
3. Who played the last show at Valentine’s Music Hall?
4. Who played at both SPAC and the Times Union Center?
5. Which Local 518 band did NOT play a reunion show this year?
a) The Orange
d) The A.D.’s
e) None of the above
6. Who were the two bands that cancelled their scheduled Tulip Festival appearances?
7. Who played drums for two different headlining bands – one at Alive at Five and one at the Times Union Center?
8. During his solo concert at the College of St. Rose’s Massry Center, pianist Chick Corea composed spontaneous “musical portraits” of three audience members. Name one of them.
9. Who was the first band to play at the Low Beat?
10. NAME THAT TUNE: When Santana and Rod Stewart co-headlined at the Times Union Center, what was the one song that they played together?
11. Who made a surprise appearance at the Capital Pride Festival in Washington Park?
12. Who was the only band to play at the Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival, the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival and FreshGrass?
13. Who headlined concerts at both SPAC and Proctors?
14. Who was the first band to play SPAC’s 2014 summer concert season?
GO HERE for the answers…