Five Firsts: Brooks Williams
NAME: Brooks Williams
INSTRUMENT: Guitar and Voice
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … the Grateful Dead’s American Beauty
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Grand Funk Railroad (the opening act was Yes!)
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A Guild archtop electric/acoustic guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Heart of Gold” by Neil Young
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … My own!
Genre-defying singer-songwriter and guitar wizard Brooks Williams returns to Saratoga Springs legendary coffeehouse Caffe Lena at 8pm on Friday (November 1) for a CD release party celebrating his new album, “New Everything.” Tickets are $16 in advance; $18 at the door. In addition, Williams will be offering a workshop, “Acoustic Guitar: Roots and Beyond,” at the Caffe at 12noon on Saturday (November 2). The cost of the workshop is $40.