Five Firsts: Seth Powell of the Charlie Watts Riots
NAME: Seth Powell
BAND AFFILIATION: The Charlie Watts Riots
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Michael Jackson’s Thriller and Kiss’ Destroyer. Same shopping trip.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … I think it was Steve Miller or Rush after jumping the fence to get in at SPAC. Don’t remember the concert, only the thrill of jumping the fence. Last concert I saw there, I tried jumping the fence to get out.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … My parents got me my first acoustic for Christmas when I was about eight years old from Boardman’s Ltd.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Little Pink Houses”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Seth and Roy (I know, cool name) & Trunkapeet
Seth Powell straps on his guitar to lead the Charlie Watts Riots through their double-header on Saturday (September 21). The fab power-pop trio will be playing a free show at the Washington Avenue stage at LarkFest at 3pm, before heading over to Valentine’s Music Hall for the official CD release party for their sophomore album, “A Break in the Weather,” later that same night.
AND DON’T FORGET:
GO HERE to enter to win a pair of FREE tickets to the Charlie Watts Riots’ CD release party at Valentine’s on Saturday evening…