Five Firsts: Mike Pauley of the Charlie Watts Riots
NAME: Mike Pauley
BAND AFFILIATION: The Charlie Watts Riots
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Who’s Next by the Who. It was a cassette, and I pretty much played it until it caught on fire.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Black Flag at the VFW Hall in Albany. Sweat. Intensity. Volume. It blew my little suburban mind, and I loved every second of it.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … We had a piano in our house growing up. I took one lesson and quit because I had to learn “Hot Cross Buns” instead of Elton John songs.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Probably “Johnny B. Goode” like everyone else.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … My high school band, the Miserables. I remember playing a basement party for the Lamitie brothers. We were in the middle of an Echo & the Bunnymen song when Dave Lamitie interrupted us to announce the cops were shutting us down… only to have his brother “Chops” demand that we finish the song. It was very rock-n-roll at the time.
Mike Pauley straps on his bass to power the Charlie Watts Riots through their double-header on Saturday (September 21). The fab power-pop trio will be playing a free show at the Washington Avenue stage at LarkFest at 3pm, before heading over to Valentine’s Music Hall for the official CD release party for their sophomore album, “A Break in the Weather,” later that same night.
AND DON’T FORGET:
GO HERE to enter to win a pair of FREE tickets to the Charlie Watts Riots’ CD release party at Valentine’s on Saturday evening…