Five Firsts: Ana Egge
NAME: Ana Egge
BAND AFFILIATION: Ana Egge & the Ohiomen
INSTRUMENT: Guitar, Vocals, Slide Guitar, Mandolin
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Elvis Presley Live in Las Vegas on cassette at KMart in Williston, North Dakota
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Willie Nelson at the ND State Fair, 1981
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A mini guitar from the Farmer’s Co-op. My grandma got it for me for my seventh birthday, and I was SO thrilled!!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “The Red River Valley” for a high school graduation in Alamo, ND. I was in first or second grade.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The Down To Earth School Band! We moved to Silver City, New Mexico when I was 10, and my folks started an alternative school – the Down To Earth School. Guitar class quickly turned into a bluegrass band playing old time, folk, the Grateful Dead and Bob Marley covers…
Acclaimed Americana singer-songwriter Ana Egge bring her band the Ohiomen to the Music Haven in Schenectady’s Central Park at 7pm on Sunday (July 22) in support of her latest album, “Bad Blood,” which was produced by Steve Earle at Levon Helm Studios in Woodstock. Admission is free.