Five Firsts: Haley Morgan of Home Body
NAME: Haley Morgan
BAND AFFILIATION: Home Body
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … TLC’s Crazy Sexy Cool.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … The B52’s and Violent Femmes at SPAC when I was six years old. I begged my parents to bring me; I adored Kate Pierson, and wanted to grow up to be just like her. I remember it so vividly!
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Here’s a little secret – I can’t really play any real instruments! But after I was done being obsessed with Kate Pierson and the B52’s, I got really into Talking Heads and bought a red bass guitar to try to learn some slick Tina Weymouth grooves. I think I can still play “Psycho Killer” … but that’s about it.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … I performed an improvised dance and lip sync to Jamiroquai’s “Virtual Insanity” for my elementary school talent show when I was like 11 years old. I think I got second place. The first song I actually sang in public must have been something from “Peter Pan.” I played Peter Pan in a community theater production of it in Gloversville and got to actually fly on harnesses in the air and everything! It ruled.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Home Body.
Homebody – featuring Haley Morgan and Eric Hnatow – bring their Northampton-based electro-shimmer sound to Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany at 8pm on Saturday night (March 23). Sharing the stage for the “Snuggie Luau Night” will be Bella’s Bartok and headliners Lucky Jukebox Brigade. Admission is $5.