Five Firsts: Wreckless Eric
NAME: Wreckless Eric
BAND AFFILIATION: Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby
INSTRUMENT: electric guitar, bass guitar, vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Are You Experienced” by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … The Pink Floyd, The Pretty Things and The Third Ear Band at the Dome in Brighton in 1968
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … probably homemade
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … It probably didn’t have a title, but the first song I sang in public was Larry Williams’ “Bonie Maronie” at the Wellington Club in Hull. I was really just the bass player, but the singer was late for the gig. We were opening for Kevin Coyne & Zoot Money, who had the truly disgusting Andy Summers on guitar.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … A loose amalgamation of degenerate fifteen-year-olds.
Veteran British rocker Wreckless Eric and his wife, singer-songwriter-keyboardist-guitarist Amy Rigby, team up for a return concert at Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany on Saturday (April 28), previewing material from their upcoming album, “A Working Museum.” The Black Fox River Project opens the show at 8pm.