Five Firsts: Rosanne Raneri
NAME: Rosanne Raneri
INSTRUMENT: Guitar, Piano
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Michael Jackson’s “Off the Wall.” I bought it at the old Joy’s store in Rensselaer when I was ten years old.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … a three-piece women’s pop/rock band at the Turf Inn on Wolf Road. They played ’70s and early ’80s hits and were brilliant! I remember that they each wore a black or red and white horizontal-striped shirt and had very cool hair styles. My dad took me. I think I may have been twelve or thirteen years old. Seeing the band (and so up close), sitting in the club/bar area, drinking shirley temples, and being out late made me feel like such hot shit.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a console piano
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … an original song called “Tell Me” at an open mic while I was in college. After that night, I knew I wanted to try to become a professional singer-songwriter.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … with Joe Hetko, Tony Markellis and Nick Parslow.
Sublime singer-songwriter Rosanne Raneri steps into the spotlight for an all-too-rare concert appearance at the Steamer No. 10 Theatre in Albany at 8pm. on Saturday (April 14). Sharing the stage with her on the double bill will be Bryan Thomas. Tix are $13 in advance; $15 at the door.
BUT WAIT… Nippertown.com is giving away a pair of FREE TIX to a lucky Nippertown reader. Go here to enter…