Five Firsts: Dave Parker of The City Never Sleeps
NAME: Dave Parker
BAND AFFILIATION: The City Never Sleeps/Weerd Science
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … I honestly can’t remember, so I’ll answer this one with my first favorite record – Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Had it on vinyl in the early-mid ’80s.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … The Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY, 2/9/96 (I actually looked it up.)
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … The accordion. I was about five years old and took lessons for a while before moving to the piano. I still have the accordion, and we’ve used it on recent TCNS recordings.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … I have absolutely no idea. I was probably five years old.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … called Lizard Boy (1994-1997?). I lived in Woodstock at the time and was in high school. I sang and played guitar. The band lasted about three years.
Bassist Dave Parker teams up with his bandmates in the City Never Sleeps to share the bill with Sublime tribute band Badfish at 7pm on Tuesday (December 27) Northern Lights in Clifton Park. Also sharing the stage will by Scotty Don’t and Uncle Joel’s Comb. Tix are $15 in advance; $20 at the door.