Five Firsts: Chris Busone of the Chris Busone Band
NAME: Chris Busone
BAND AFFILIATION: The Chris Busone Band…oddly enough
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Aqualung.” I have five older brothers and sisters, so there was always a lot of music around the house, but that’s the first album I bought with my own money. Not sure where I got the money…probably from one or all of my five older brothers and sisters.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Blood, Sweat and Tears @ SPAC on the lawn. I’m still trying to sing like David Clayton-Thomas. I’ll let you know if I ever get there. Outlook not good.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Guitar. Always guitar. My first was a hand-me-down from my older brother. The bridge came off, so I glued it with Elmer’s, and it ended up flying off and shredding my hand. A lesser man would have taken that as a sign.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “On and On” by Stephen Bishop. I was 12. That was hard to admit. I’m guessing I’m going to wish I hadn’t when my bandmates read this.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Chaser. We started as high school friends and went on for the next eight years. Not bad for a bunch of guys from Green Island. We’re all still friends,
which as we know is an extreme rarity in the band world. Wish I had a big break-up story like the Davies Bros. pummling each other backstage at a show, but we just got tired and moved on.