Festival Fever: The Phoenicia Festival of The Voice, 8/13-15/10
This weekend the Phoenicia Festival of the Voice is presenting world class performances of opera, song, baroque and choral music as well as the vocal arts of traditional cultures.
Tickets to individual events are available, as well as a 3-day pass offering unlimited access to all festival events ranging from $95 – $255. More info here.
Here’s the schedule:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 13:
- 8:30pm: Opening gala concert with coloratura soprano Elizabeth Futral accompanied by pianist Jim Harp.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 14:
- 11am: Rozz Morehead performs gospel music
- 1pm: Grammy Award winning Native American flutist and singer Joseph Firecrow, Iroquois singer/composer Dennis Yerry, and Mohawk storyteller Kay Olan
- 2:30pm: Closer than Ever, a musical revue by the songwriting team of Richard Maltby, Jr. and David Shire
- 4:30pm: Kids (and adults) rock out to the sounds of Uncle Rock
- 6:30pm: Baroque and contemporary sacred vocal works for piano, cello, and voice featuring composer and pianist Mitch Bach with various guests
- 8:30pm: A performance of Verdi’s “Falstaff” opera, conducted by Steven White and featuring Louis Otey, Christian Reinert, Kerry Henderson, Charles Sokolowski, Gabriel Gargari, Stephen Kirchgraber, Michelle Jennings, Nancy Allen Lundy, Maria Todaro and Korby Myrick
SUNDAY, AUGUST 15:
- 2pm: Pianist Justin Kolb and actor/narrator Jay Braman
- 3:30pm: Choral Closing Concert featuring Wild Women In Song
PREVIOUS FESTIVAL FEVER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Adirondack Homegrown Music Festival @ Shepard Park, Lake George 8/14/10
The Solid Sound Festival @ MASS MoCA, North Adams, Mass., 8/13-15
moe.down @ Gelston Castle Estate, Mohawk, 9/3-5
Lake George Jazz Weekend @ Shepard Park, Lake George, 9/18-19