ArtBeat: Calls For Entry
Proctors Theatre is seeking entries for the Northeast Fine Craft Festival to be held October 23-24, 2010. Last year’s festival brought an attendance of more than 1,000 participants — with 40 artisan booths featured throughout the facility. Craftspeople and artisans who create original work from their own designs in metal, fiber, clay, glass, paper, wood, and leather are invited to apply online or send an email request to email@example.com. (Application deadline: June 30, 2010)
WBCR-lp is seeking new program producers and hosts. Orientation and training are scheduled during May and June. New program producers will go live July 1st with the start of the summer program schedule. Anyone can do it! Apply online at Berkshire Radio. (Deadline: April 1).
Grand Street Community Arts is looking for artists to paint a board for their “Board Up” series. Submissions for the month of April are due by April 1st. They are also seeking submissions for the months of May through August.
SOS (Strategic Opportunity Stipends) is designed to help individual artists of all disciplines take advantage of specific unique opportunities that will significantly benefit their work or career development. Grants between $100 and $600 will be awarded. Open to residents of New York State only. (Deadline May 25)
518Fever.com is teaming up with Proctors Theatre to raise funds for Thatcher Park on April 24th, 2010. They’re seeking artists to display their work in the Proctors Arcade. Contact ADiMoro@518fever.com for details.
Assets for Artists is a program for low- to moderate-income artists providing grant funds (in the form of matched savings accounts) and FREE training and assistance in personal finance, business development and/or home ownership planning.
Grants are available up to $4,000 for Berkshire County artists seeking to become first-time home buyers and $2,000 for artist-entrepreneurs (all disciplines encouraged to apply). (Deadline: March 29, 2010)
Fulton Street Gallery is accepting submissions for the 32nd Photo Regional, open to artists within a 150 mile radius of the Capital Region. The show runs from March 26-May 22. Submit up to 5 works. (Deadline: March 21)
Hudson’s Limner Gallery is seeking etnries for Direct Art Magazine 2010: Competition for $26,000 in publication awards, including front and back covers, feature articles and display pages in the Fall 2010 edition of Direct Art Magazine, distributed to Barnes and Noble, Borders and specialty book stores. (Deadline March 31)
The Arts Center in Saratoga is currently accepting submissions for consideration for exhibitions for 2011. To be added to the mailing list to receive the call for submissions, call them at (518) 584-4132, email firstname.lastname@example.org OR download a prospectus. (Deadline: March 31, 2010)
The Saugerties Chamber of Commerce is accepting proposals for a public art project, “Hors’n Around Saugerties 2010.” Artists will decorate fiberglass horses which will be displayed throughout the village in July and auctioned off for charity in September. (Deadline April 1.)
Albany Center Gallery is seeking donated art for Knock It Off (PDF), a benefit party on April 23 from 6-9pm. Artworks should reinterpret well-known artworks or anything that inspires you. Whether an old master painting, classic modern, pop or postmodern, nature, bubble gum rapper, all styles and forms of expression are encouraged. Works will be auctioned off to benefit the ACG’s exhibitions and programs. (Deadline: April 5)
EMPAC is seeking proposals for its 2010-2011 Dance Movies Commission. Selected artists receive awards ranging up to $30,000. The commission has funded thirteen projects in the last four years, including a finger puppet musical, a poetic autobiography shot entirely in Mozambique, a film were three street kids in the streets of Rio seem to juggle air, and a video installation created through 3D laser scanning.
In addition to the funding, artists can also apply to create their works in conjunction with the Artist-in-Residence program at EMPAC. Works commissioned may take advantage of EMPAC’s spaces and technology, using infrastructure such as computer-controlled rigging or large-scale immersive studio environments. (Deadline: April 15, 2010)
WMHT is soliciting original, independently-made short films for the second season of TvFILM, a weekly series spotlighting local independent filmmaking. Here’s the application form. (Deadline: April 16)
Upstate Artists Guild seeks entries for The Yellow Show (Deadline: April 16, 2010)
The Arts Center at Old Forge is accepting entries for a show entitled Art, Poetry and Tall Tales, slated to run from May 9 – June 6. $30 entry fee ($20 members). (Deadline for shipped work is April 23, for digital writing submissions is April 26 and for hand delivery is May 1.)
The Jay Street Gallery in Schenectrady has announced their show schedule for the year. Contact them to have your work considered for an upcoming show.
- April 16-May 18: Go Green
- May 21-June 15: Self-Portrait
- June 18-July 13: Media Madness
- July 16-August 17: Member Show
- Aug 20-Sept 14: Sculpture (3D)
- Oct 17-Oct 12: Sex, Religion and Politics
- Oct 15-Sept 14: Fear Unmasked
- For the exhibit “Outside the Lines 2010 + Pieces of Peace Youth Exhibit,” GCCA is seeking submissions from schools, art instructors, homeschoolers and community groups for a youth art show. Submissions should be 6″x6″ square children’s illustrations in response to the questions, “What does peace look like to me?” Info packet here (PDF). Exhibit runs from April 17-June 12, 2010. (Deadline for registration is March 30, 2010)
- 2000-2010 Define the Decade: a juried group exhibition inviting creative responses to a tumultous decade. Exhibit dates: June 19-August 14, 2010. (Application deadline: May 1)
- Wish You Were Here: A juried landscape exhibition based on experiences in the Catskill Park. Exhibit dates: October 16-Nov. 13, 2010. (Application deadline: September 1)
- Salon 2010: The Push Pin Show. The GCCA’s annual unjuried holiday exhibition and sale, open to all members. Exhibit dates: November 20, 2010-January 15, 2011. (Application deadline: November 1, 2010)
- Addiitonally, GCCA is accepting applications for review for solo and curated group shows. (Deadlines: May 1 and December 1.)
The Tang is seeking entries for For You, works by artists who have passed away but whose work and memory continue to impact individuals in the greater Capital Region. (Deadline: May 14)