Peoples Pixel Project Prizes Announced
Three finalists in each of six categories were screened, and emcee Mike Parwana presented each finalist with a “Pixel Award,”, an original handmade sculpture designed by the Chicken Coop Forge of Glens Falls. Each finalist also was awarded lunch for two at the Rock Hill Bakehouse and one-year membership to the Lake George Arts Project.
The February 6 screening and awards ceremony quickly sold out, so by popular demand, a second screening of the finalists’ films will be held at 7:30pm on Friday, February 19. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased by phoning the Lake George Arts Project at 518.668.2616 or the Rock Hill Bakehouse at 518.615.0777.
All entries for the Peoples Pixel Project can also be viewed at the Lake George Arts Project in Lake George, where a continuous loop of the entries can be viewed during gallery hours throughout the month of February.
In addition, the finalists’ films will also be on view in the lobby of Aimee’s Dinner Theater in Glens Falls throughout the month.
And here are the award winners of the Peoples Pixel Project:
UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE
1. “My Feet” by Cassidy Jane Prince, Fort Ann
2. “Julie Andrews” by Isla McGlauflin, Queensbury
3. “Charles Shultz” by Jed Moody, Lake George
1. “Breaking Up” by Jeff Burns, Troy
2. “Big Sack of Wind” by Tom Lopez, Fort Edward
3. “A Work in Progress” by Peter Koehler, Ryan Nearney and Mark Stenson, Niskayuna
1. “Weapons Of Math Instruction” by the Mathematicians, Glens Falls
2. “Resty’s Music Video” by John Yost, Troy
3. “X= e23” by Shawn Snow, Troy
1. “Technologically Organic” by Jaime Bernat, Chestertown
2. “Ice Up” by Sam Bowser, Claire Beynon, Shawn Harper and Henry Kaiser, East Greenbush
3. “Talk to the Hand” by Chris Murphy, Niskayuna
1. “Farm Raised: Grassroots Cycling in Upstate NY” by Kevin Ankeny, Glens Falls
2. “Balancing the Silo” by Christopher Phelps, South Glens Falls
1. “Stomach Stones” by Faith Griffiths, Bennington
2. “Little Man” by Fletcher Conlon, Lake Luzerne
3. “Robbery” by James Belcastro and Matt Cioffi, Niskayuna