FIVE FIRSTS: Jeff Fox of Empire State Troopers
NAME: Jeff Fox
BAND AFFILIATION: Empire State Troopers
INSTRUMENT: Bass guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Weird Al Yankovic’s “Dare to be Stupid”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … The Beach Boys or something
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Involuntarily: Piano / Voluntarily: Guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Some Beatles song. Maybe “I’m Looking Through You”? I played guitar while some girl sang in a stupid talent show. It was horrible.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS… Glitter of Cohoes. This is the first band I was in that actually played shows and recorded and all that stuff.
Jeff Fox and his bandmates in Empire State Troopers plug in and crank it out at Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany on Friday, October 16. They’ll be joined by Complicated Shirt, Sonorous Gale and Black Pyramid. Then on Saturday, October 17, Empire State Troopers, Sonorous Gale and Black Pyramid will shuffle over to the Elevens in Northampton, Mass.