ArtBeat: Portia Munson @ CPW, 9/5/09
Catskill artist Portia Munson is conducting the two-day workshop, “The Scanner as Camera,” at the Center for Photography at Woodstock on Saturday and Sunday, September 5-6. Learn how to use a flat-bed scanner as a camera to capture images and ideas. No previous experience is required to register for the workshop.
Munson works in a variety of artistic media, including painting, installation, photography and sculpture. Since 2002, she has created an ongoing series of flower mandala prints utilizing the flat-bed scanner.
In addition to the workshop, Munson will also be conducting a lecture on scanner photography at 8pm on Saturday, September 5. Admission is free, and the lecture is open to the public.
Other workshops offered at the Center for Photography this month include:
- Craig J. Barber: Experimental Pinhole Photography – Sat-Sun, 9/5-6
- Dan Burkholder: The Art of the High Dynamic Range [hdr] Image – Sat-Sun, 9/19-20
- Fawn Potash & Danielle Correia: Encaustics & Photographic Processes – Sat-Tues, 9/12-15
- NYC Portfolio Review – Friday 9/18
- Eugene Richards: Photographing People – Sat-Sun, 9/19-20
- Mark Citret: The World Around Us Interiors/Exteriors – Sat-Sun, 9/26-27
- Angelika Rinnhofer: Basic Studio Lighting – Sat-Sun, 9/26-27