NAME: Billy Faier
INSTRUMENT: five-string banjo
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … don’t remember
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … don’t remember
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … harmonica
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “It’s a Sin to Tell a Lie”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The Dark Companions of Serius
Billy Faier is one of the great, under-acknowledged masters and innovators of the five-string banjo. The 79-year-old Faier now lives in Texas, but for years he was a Woodstock resident, so his performance at the Colony Cafe in Woodstock at 8pm on Friday will be something of a homecoming concert. Tix are $10.