May 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm by Greg
February 7th, 2013, 11:00 am by Greg
Photographs by Dan Hogan
Benjamin Franklin once famously said, “Nothing is certain but death and taxes.” But if it’s the second weekend of the month there’s one more thing that’s certain – Skip Parsons and his Riverboat Jazz Band are playing at the Fountain in Albany. Clarinetist-bandleader Parsons and his musical crew have kept their monthly residency gig going continuously since 1971.
Read the rest of this entry »
NAME: Bernie Mulleda
BAND AFFILIATION: freelance
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Chuck Berry’s One Dozen Berrys
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … the Beach Boys @ RPI Field House
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Kent Strat copy
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Louie, Louie”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … the Chord a Roys
Veteran guitarist Bernie Mulleda joins the line-up of Skip Parsons’ Riverboat Jazz Band for a special Mardi Gras weekend celebration at the Fountain in Albany at 10pm on Friday and Saturday (February 8 & 9).