October 27th, 2011, 10:10 am by Greg
December 15th, 2009, 3:45 pm by Greg
NAME: Shannon McNally
INSTRUMENT: voice and guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Saturday Night Fever”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Linda Ronstadt
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a violin
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Tuesday’s Child
Sassy and sultry, singer-songwriter Shannon McNally and her band Hot Sauce roll into Club Helsinki in Hudson at 8pm on Saturday (October 29) in support of her latest album, “Western Ballad.” Tix are $15 in advance; $18 at the door.
The Derek Trucks Band was headed off on an indefinite hiatus, so their last scheduled concert – at The Egg on Sunday evening – was sure to be a big send-off.
The fans were primed. And the band was taking no prisoners with a generous three-hour, two-set performance. But there was no big farewell. No goodbyes at all, in fact.
Just a great night of progressive blues music that scrambled The Egg.
The first hour-long set opened with the slinky groove of King Curtis’ classic “Soul Serenade” and came to a rousing conclusion with a roar through Bob Dylan’s “Down in the Flood.” In was hard to believe that the band could top it with their second set.
But they did.
Read the rest of this entry »