We ran this quiz a week ago. As it turned out, nobody scored very high. Maybe it was just too tough. Perhaps you were distracted by the holidays. Or maybe you just weren’t paying close enough attention to what was going on all year long.
Whatever. Anyway, here are the quiz answers for you:
1. Name one of the two acts who played at both of EXIT 97.7’s Local 518 benefit concerts at the EXIT Dome?
A: Railbird, Matthew Loiacono
2. What Catskill-based record company won a Grammy Award in February for their 2-CD set, “Monday Night Live at the Village Vanguard” by the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra?
A: Planet Arts Recordings
3. What former student of pianist Lee Shaw’s returned to play a concert with her at The Egg in April?
A: John Medeski of Medeski Martin & Wood
4. What former rock & roll nightclub burned to the ground in April?
A: Saratoga Winners
5. Who was the new drummer in Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band who made his full-length debut with the band at the Times Union Center in May?
A: Jay Weinberg, the son of regular E Street Band drummer Max Weinberg
6. What was the name of that same drummer’s other band, who made their Capital Region debut at Valentine’s Music Hall just one month later?
A: The Reveling
7. Who was booted from the opening act slot on Grace Potter & the Nocturnals’ Alive @ Five concert in June and replaced by the Ashley Pond Band?
A: Deni Bonet
8. What long-running showcase club in Great Barrington, Mass. shuttered its doors in August?
A: Club Helsinki
9. Complete the odd-couple concert pairings:
Cyndi Lauper and ______?
Jerry Douglas and _______?
A: Rosie O’Donnell, John Oates
10. When R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck showed up at Valentine’s Music Hall in September, he played with which band:
a) The Minus 5
b) The Steve Wynn IV
c) The Baseball Project
d) all of the above
A: d) all of the above