NAME: Nick Bisanz
BAND AFFILIATION: The Last Conspirators
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The first album I bought with my own money was Electric Light Orchestra’s “A New World’s Record.” Which I still love. The first album I ever had was a gift from my Aunt – Alice Cooper’s “Billion Dollar Babies.”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Ozzy Osbourne & Motorhead, 1981, Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie. Ozzy had Randy Rhoads in the band, and it was the “classic” Motorhead line-up. When the curtain went up, and I saw three greasy looking guys with amp stacks playing loud as hell with the Motorhead banner hanging there, I was hooked forever.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … The cello. That lasted about a month, then the piano, and finally the guitar.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Tom T. Hall’s “I Love (Little Baby Ducks).” Elementary School Chorus recital sometime in the mid-1970s.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Basement Feedback, 1985. Our one and only gig was in front of 350 people at a battle of the bands. We lost, but we didn’t care. May as well have been Madison Square Garden in our teenage minds.
Bassist Nick Bisanz – the band’s new recruit – joins the Last Conspirators in the spotlight at Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany on Friday night (March 23) as they celebrate their fifth anniversary. Opening the show at 9pm are the Knyghts of Fuzz, who will unleash a special tribute to Albany punk pioneers the Morons (with former Morons TL Stone and Max “The Sax” Media, making guest appearances) in honor of the 30th anniversary of the Morons’ final performance.