December 24th, 2009, 11:30 am by Greg
June 29th, 2009, 11:55 am by Sara
NAME: Nancy Walker
BAND AFFILIATION: The Nancy Walker Trio
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Neil Young’s “Harvest”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Fleetwood Mac at the Iowa State Fair
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Downtown”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Europe (disco cover band)
The Nancy Walker Trio plays a post-Christmas gig at the Jonesville Store in Clifton Park at 6:30pm on Saturday (December 26). Walker and her band will also be performing at the First Night Saratoga celebration on Thursday, December 31.
The Nancy Walker Trio with guitarist Larry Clyman and special guest Rick Rourke dazzled the audience at the Tang Teaching Museum in Saratoga Springs as part of the free Upbeat On The Roof concert series at Skidmore College on Friday, June 26.
Walker served up a plethora of songs including the old chestnut “The Tennessee Waltz” – a remembrance of her childhood – and several fine original songs. The band was propelled by guitarist Larry Clyman and the subtle percussive accents of Sam Zucchini on bodhran. In addition, the trio was augmented by special guest bluesman Rick Rourke (Bluz House Rockers, Out of Control Rhythm & Blues Band) on tenor sax and harmonica.
Up next: on Friday, July 3 the Tang will host the guitar duo Tequila Mockingbirds.
Photos and review by Andrzej Pilarczyk