January 9th, 2012, 4:00 pm by Greg
August 2nd, 2010, 3:05 pm by Greg
Photographs by Andrzej Pilarczyk, Nippertown chief photographer
Welcome to 2012!
New Year’s Eve in Saratoga Springs has become quite the Nippertown tradition, and for music fans, there’s certainly no shortage of things to do. It’s a non-stop cavalcade of some of our finest homegrown musical talent – jazz, rock, Celtic, country, blues, zydeco, folk, bluegrass and more. Just about every kind of musical style was in the air somewhere around town during the annual First Night Saratoga celebration. All total, there were more than 70 performances and happenings taking place at nearly three dozen different performance venues.
Obviously, we couldn’t get to all of them, but here’s a sampling of what Nippertown chief photographer Andrzej Pilarczyk saw during his trek through the final moments of 2011:
Read the rest of this entry »
NAME: Mike Campese
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Black Sabbath.” Their first release.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … My sister took me to see Rod Stewart, and then the second concert I went to was the band Yes.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Some of the first tunes I played in public were some originals I came up with in my first band, and I believe some of the first cover tunes in public were “Diamonds and Rust,” “Paranoid,” “Rainbow in the Dark,” etc.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Divine Malace
Mike Campese and his band head into Putnam Den in Saratoga Springs at 9pm on Thursday to celebrate the release of Campese’s seventh CD, “Electric City.”