NAME: Mary McCaslin
INSTRUMENT: Guitar, banjo
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Marty Robbins’ “Gunfighter Ballads & Trail Songs” (Vol. 1 – followed by Vol. 2)
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Marty Robbins
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … an accordion!! (Took up guitar at age 15 – accordion taught me rudimentary music theory)
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Beautiful Brown Eyes”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … solo / Mary McCaslin
Mary McCaslin returns to the stage at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs at 8pm Friday, as the coffeehouse continues its Decades Concert series in celebration of the Caffe’s 50th anniversary. McCaslin will team up with Garnet Rogers to represent the ’80s.