Posts Tagged ‘Lori Friday’
Photo by Matt Mac Haffie
May we have a drum roll, please?
Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased as punch to announce the grand prize winner in the Nippertown.com/Super 400 contest. Here’s the question that we asked:
Who sings the lead vocals on “Flashlight”?
A. Kenny Hohman
B. Joe Daley
C. Lori Friday
The answer is C. Lori Friday.
And the grand prize winner of the Nippertown.com/Super 400 contest is: Brian Patneaude
Thanks to the fine folks from Ridge Rock Music, Brian will receive an autographed copy of Super 400’s super new CD, “Sweet First,” as well as a rare, for-radio-only promo single of the song “Flashlight,” also autographed by the band members.
Congratulations to Brian, and thanks go out to all who sent in contest entries. Stay tuned to Nippertown.com for more contests and giveaways coming up real soon.
And don’t forget to head down to Revolution Hall in Troy tonight for Super 400’s CD release party for “Sweet Fist.” The place is gonna rock.
NAME: Lori Friday
BAND AFFILIATION: Super 400
INSTRUMENT: Bass Guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Hot Rocks,” the Rolling Stones. The neighborhood corner store kept their cassettes in one of those wood veneer cases with the locked plexiglass front. The owner was a suspicious sort and would get annoyed by the kids who came in to gaze at the music selection. I’ll never forget the summer I listened to that tape over and over, to Myrtle Beach and back.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Hall and Oates, Glens Falls Civic Center, when I was nine years old. I couldn’t believe how loud it was.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … upright piano, after begging for either a piano or a horse. Thanks for indulging me, Mom and Dad!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “The Entertainer” by Scott Joplin, on public access TV when I was maybe 9 or 10.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … My town was so small, there was no one to jam with. So I joined the high school jazz band.
Lori Friday and her Super 400 bandmates celebrate the release of their new CD, “Sweet Fist,” at Revolution Hall in Troy on Friday, September 11. And there’s still time to enter to win an autographed copy of the new album from your pals at Nippertown.com. Just go here for details.