October 16th, 2009, 4:25 pm by Sara
October 9th, 2009, 2:10 pm by Sara
The Hudson Arts Walk continues this weekend. We stopped in last Sunday; here’s a short roundup of some of what we liked.
We started with the Tony Thompson retrospective at the Hudson Opera House, a group of studies and small works spanning 40 years that tend to investigate the properties of materials (paint, paper, fabric, rubber) themselves. The exhibit is up through October 31, with a gallery talk with the artist this Saturday, October 17 at 2pm.
Tony Thompson: Brush Stroke, Blue
Read the rest of this entry »
Hudson’s 15th annual ArtsWalk opened last weekend and continues pretty much non-stop through this weekend and next. This one’s a no-brainer, folks: art galleries, street performers, antique shops, restaurants, boutiques, a riverfront festival….all within walking distance. And on one of the prettiest weekends of the year, to boot.
Here’s just a few of the highlights:
- Opening reception for Take Me To The River, CCCA group show @ GCCA Gallery, Friday, 5-7pm
- ArtsWalk Grand Opening @ Basilica Industria featuring artists Arthur Price and Earl Swanigan, The Walking the Dog Improv Ensemble Theater and The Mother Fletcher Band, Friday, 5-10pm
- CCCA Member’s Show @ Cannonball Factory with the work of 100 CCCA artists; paintings, watercolors, photography, sculpture, video and more. Saturday 11:00am – 5:00pm (followed by a special artist reception @ Cannonball Factory starting at 6pm Saturday that’s free for exhibiting artists; $10 for all others.)
- Chili Cook-off and Riverfront FarmFest @ Henry Hudson Riverfront Park with live music, a farmers’ market, children’s activities, crafts & vendors, food, wine & beer. $5 admission to chili tent. Saturday, 12-4pm
- ArtsWalk Live! Performance Showcase @ Jason’s Upstairs Bar featuring; Slinky Armadillo, Tommy Sharp, Chelle Mayer, Andrew Joffe, UpStage Productions presents an excerpt from Gypsy, Robin O’Herin, Cathy Johanson, Chavisa Woods, HVAPA Belly Dancers & Steve Collins, NoBody Parts (Damara & Ngonda), Hudson City Ramblers, and DJ Dizzy. Saturday, 4pm-midnight
- Bid on one of Hudson’s sidewalk dog sculptures at the Best In Show Brunch & Benefit Auction @ Helsinki on the Hudson, Sunday, 12-3pm. $30.00
Here’s the full schedule of events.
Dennis Herbert: Untitled
Of special note, Dennis Herbert
is offering a rare exhibition of his modern folk art assemblages both this weekend (Saturday-Sunday October 10-11) and next (Saturday-Sunday October 17-18) from 1-5pm each day at 75 North Second Street in Hudson (in the garage of the rectory next to the old church), just a few blocks from Warren Street.