NAME: Chuck Gutta
BAND AFFILIATION: The Hallertau Band
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Oh boy, Elton John’s Greatest Hits. My older cousin took me to Record Town, and it was $5 or something. I remember he bought an album with a yellow cover and a guy sleeping on a park bench. Selling England by the Pound, I think. Can I trade?
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Eighth grade, my dad took me to the Troy Music Hall. It was billed as “The Great Guitars” – Herb Ellis, Charlie Byrd and Barney Kessel. I haven’t been the same since.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a Stella classical guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … the Pink Floyd song “Fearless”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Speakeasy, pretty much the house band at Muddy’s Too in the late ’80s.
Chuck Gutta straps on his bass to anchor the mix of blues and rock by the Hallertau Band when they take the spotlight at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Troy at 10pm on Saturday (December 7). Admission is free.