BAND AFFILIATION: Anthony Rapp, David Malachowski & the Woodstock Allstars
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “More of the Monkees”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT I EVER SAW WAS … the Maynard Ferguson band somewhere in Long Island
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … a no-name Japanese red electric guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … ????
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … a block party band in Brooklyn. I played guitar. We were a trio with drums and a guy who played Wurlitzer and trumpet. No bass. We worked very cheaply.
Keyboardist Daniel Weiss can be heard playing in the band for the Schenectady Light Opera production of “Rent,” which opens at 8pm on Friday. Weiss worked as associate conductor and assistant musical director on the original New York Theater Workshop production of “Rent” and continued with “Rent” for seven years on Broadway. Weiss, who is also a member of David Malachowski & the Woodstock Allstars, is currently the musical director for Anthony Rapp, one of the original stars of “Rent.” Directed by Matthew T. Teichner, SLOC’s production of “Rent” runs through Sunday, August 21. Tix are $18-$38.