Singer-songwriter Dan Johnson – former Nippertonian, host of the late, much lamented Tuesday night Americana Music Club sessions at Valentine’s Music Hall and current Vermont troubadour – returns to town on Wednesday (April 22) for an early show at the Low Beat in Albany. The 6pm happy hour gig serves as the Local 518 CD release party for Johnson’s tasty new album, Suck It Up, Cupcake.
NAME: Dan Johnson
BAND AFFILIATION: Dan Johnson and (the Expert Sidemen)
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … let’s say “Blood on the Tracks”… Hard to remember…
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … does Conehead Buddha at Valentine’s count? If not that, probably Steve Miller and the Doobie Brothers at SPAC… which was free and cool.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Oboe. PS #19 on New Scotland Ave.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … maybe “Drifter’s Escape” by Bob Dylan, at the Fuze Box…
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Three Quarter North, with Roger Allen and Dave Rhodes, and later on Paul Strausman for a bit… after him, Jim Atkins and Mark Smith joined the band, and Roger left… then I left, and they brought in some serious talent!
Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist in your ad blocker. Our advertising allows us to keep publishing Nippertown,
and keeps you informed about upcoming shows and events. Thank you!