NAME: David Caldwell-Mason
BAND AFFILIATION: The David Caldwell-Mason Trio
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Either Bill Evans’ “Portrait in Jazz” or the Counting Crows’ “August and Everything After.” I got ’em both about the same time.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Sweet Honey in the Rock
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … an old beat-up upright piano
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … not sure, sorry
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … the Paul Trapanese Quartet, then Larry Lewis and Solid Smoke a little bit after that.
David Caldwell-Mason will be performing as a duo with bassist Kellen Harrison at the Stockade Inn in Schenectady at 7pm Thursday, as well as at the Castle Street Cafe in Great Barrington at 8pm Friday. The duo will be bumped up to a trio with the addition of a yet-to-be-named drummer at 74 State in Albany at 8:30pm Saturday.