BAND AFFILIATION: Blackcat Elliot
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Kiss’ “Alive II” or Ozzy Osbourne’s “Diary Of Madman.” I don’t remember which one came first, but I do recall buying them at K-Mart for the album cover designs. I was a sucker for rockers with make-up and evil tendencies.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Men At Work at SPAC in the early eighties. I remember asking my brother what that funny cigarette smell was throughout the entire show.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … the guitar. 21 years and counting…
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Coming And Going” (an original of mine). I kind of remember playing this catchy number at a battle of the bands gig at the Albany Jewish Community Center in 1987 that we actually won. I was 16 years old. Marky Balboa (who I perform with in Blackcat Elliot) was in that band as well. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … a band called Purgatory when I was 13 years old, but we never made it out of my drummer’s basement. So, I guess the first “official” band I was in and did get out of a basement was Dionysus. And yes, Marky Balboa was with me for this outfit as well.