NAME: Jeff Strange
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Revolver”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Tom Rush and Melanie in Harvard Square, Boston
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A Harmony electric guitar (couldn’t tell you the model, but it was sunburst, and I thought it was sooo cool!)
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Well, my first public performance was in a high school performance of “Bye, Bye, Birdie,” so I guess my first public song was “Honestly Sincere.” My first “rock” song was “Heaven on Their Minds” from “Jesus Christ Superstar.”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … called Silverwood. I believe we worked on five songs for a battle of the bands in high school: “Cold Turkey,” “You Really Got A Hold On Me,” “First I Look At The Purse,” “Lodi,” “Homework” … that I still remember this is a freakin’ miracle.
A veteran of numerous Nippertown bands – including Donnybrook Fair, the Fabulous Newports and Bambi Manor – Jeff Strange is doing the solo thing these days. You can catch him at Beff’s in Albany at 6:30pm on Wednesday and at the Parting Glass in Saratoga Springs at 8pm on Saturday.