The SPAC Battle of the Bands is actually something like a mini-music fest, where concert-goers can hear a wide range of musical styles from glam to jam, from blues to bluegrass, from hip-hop to alt-rock. The 10 competing bands will each have 10 minutes to perform their original music onstage in the final round of the competition on Friday. Here are the finalists:
The ten bands will face off against each other at 6pm on Friday, June 3 at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center’s Spa Little Theater. Each band will have 10 minutes to perform in front of a live audience and a panel of judges – moe. drummer Vinnie Amico, Blue Note Records talent scout Talia Billig and WEQX-FM DJ Jason Irwin. Audience response will count for 60% of the deciding vote in determining the grand prize winner, with the remaining 40% based on judges’ evaluations. The event will be hosted by Dani Stein.
Just a reminder: The deadline for entering the SPAC Battle of Bands at the Spa Little Theater is Friday. All entries must be received by 11:59pm on Sunday. The 10 finalists will compete on Friday, June 3. Go here for additional info.
Also, SPAC has announced that moe. drummer Vinnie Amico will be on the three-person panel who will judge the final round of competition. “I am looking forward to returning to SPAC,” says Amico. “Every time moe. has performed at SPAC, it has been a thrill – a real privilege to play on the same stage where I watched many of my idols perform. Judging (the) Battle of the Bands will be a great opportunity to see some of the best new talent on the music scene and to give these bands some insights that I hope will be helpful.”
Amico and his other band, the Stone Revival Band, will also be performing at the SPAC Battle of the Bands after-party, which will be held at Putnam Den in Saratoga Springs. Admission to the after-party is free to everyone who purchases a ticket to the SPAC Battle of the Bands.
Ten bands featuring musicians of middle or high school age will be performing at the annual Nervosity Battle of the Bands Concert at the Guilderland Performing Arts Center in Guilderland.
Each band will perform for 15 minutes, and the competition will begin at 6pm on Friday. Admission is free; donations are gratefully accepted with all proceeds going directly to help fight against AIDS.
Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist in your ad blocker. Our advertising allows us to keep publishing Nippertown,
and keeps you informed about upcoming shows and events. Thank you!