Ernie Williams and Nicole Peyrafitte
We’ve been digging around in the Nippertown archives again…
According to the Thursday, January 27, 2005, issue of The Times Union’s Preview section, here’s what was going on around Nippertown nine years ago:
* Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings announced the line-up for the benefit concert “Rock 2 Rebuild: Capital District Concert for Tsunami Relief” to be held at the Palace Theatre featuring the Burners U.K. (with guest Ernie Williams), Hair of the Dog, Sirsy, Doc Scanlon’s All-Star Revue (with Johnny Rabb, Jill Hughes and others), Hector on Stilts and the Brian Kaplan Band.
* Veteran actor Joel Aroeste was starring in the New York State Theatre Institute’s production of “Man of La Mancha” at Russell Sage College.
* The inaugural installment of Poets Speak Out – a new reading series hosted by Mary Panza and Thom Francis at Tess’ Lark Tavern – was slated to kick off with featured poet Tom Nattell. (Sadly, Nattell lost his battle with cancer earlier in the day, and the reading was transformed into a memorial.)
* Kamikaze Hearts were playing at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs.
* The Steamer No. 10 Theatre in Albany was hosting a “Music Voice Video Poetry Jam,” featuring performance poet/vocalist Nicole Peyrafitte, guitarist-sampler Tom Burre, poet Pierre Joris, percussionist Mike Lopez and guitarist George Muscatello.