NAME: F. Lee Harvey Blotto
BAND AFFILIATION: Blotto
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Mr. Gasser (Big Daddy Ed Roth) and the Weirdos’ Hot Rod Hootenanny
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Led Zeppelin with the James Gang opening, October 30, 1970, Kleinhan’s Music Hall, Buffalo
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A steel Ludwig snare drum. Either that or a crummy Kay acoustic guitar. That’s if you don’t count Mom’s pots and pans that I played with Lincoln Logs when I was three years old.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … It must have been some song I sang in a school play in fourth grade. I played the Sandman, and I sang the song to two second grade elves. It wasn’t “Enter Sandman”; it was some other song.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The Pegasus Big Band, a 20-piece high school garage big band based in Batavia, NY. We were all sick of our lame high school jazz bands and wanted to do something more challenging and hip. We got our hands on some wicked Don Ellis charts and then sneaked into our respective high school band rooms and made copies of charts of tunes we could stand. We probably played four paying gigs and usually made like $4 each, if that.