NAME: Mike Lewis
BAND AFFILIATION: The Twangtown Paramours
INSTRUMENT: Guitar and background vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The first record I ever bought was Help! by the Beatles. Some kid stole it from me at school. I vowed to get my revenge before I die.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Segovia at Town Hall in NYC. My parents were classical musicians and did not approve of the Beatles.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … The piano for a little while. My mom was a also a piano teacher. That is why I no longer play the piano.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … A few classical pieces and a flamenco tune, all on guitar in fourth grade. When I quit the piano, I was given the choice of another instrument, or else.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … I had an acoustic duo with the kid across the street. We wrote songs together and played ‘em for whoever would come and listen. I guess things haven’t changed that much.
The Twangtown Paramours – that’s Mike Lewis and his partner MaryBeth Zamer – take the stage at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs on Sunday (July 20). Bernice Lewis will kick off the evening’s festivities at 7pm. Tickets are $15 in advance; $17 at the door.