NAME: Ruby Stinson
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The Fugees’ The Score
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Cher! She was also my mom’s first concert.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … My first instrument was the viola. I was never really that great, but I stuck with it until high school.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “I Am the Cute One” by the Olsen Twins for a Filipino talent show.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … I was in a girl group called R&B Divas in the sixth grade. I don’t think we ever had an official performance, but we sang a lot of Divine and Destiny’s Child songs, a true kid of the ’90s.
Ruby Stinson will team up with her dad Tommy Stinson (who plays bass for Guns ‘n Roses and the Replacements) for the FarmOn! Hoedown at Club Helsinki in Hudson at 7pm on Friday (July 18). Headlining the benefit for the FarmOn! Foundation will be another second generation musician, Willie Nelson’s son, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, who made quite an impression at SPAC last September at Farm Aid. The Liana Gabel Band will open the show. Tickets are $50 for general admission; $75 for reserved VIP.