NAME: Maxwell Hughes
BAND AFFILIATION: Owner/operator
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Led Zeppelin IV…classic!
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Jurassic 5 in Fort Collins, CO. I have always been very fond of hip-hop.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … The first instrument I ever played was the recorder in an elementary school music class.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Windy and Warm” by John D. Loudermilk, open mic night style. Easily one of the more terrifying experiences of my life.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS …called Cinnamon Bears and Bicycle Trails. We were a kazoo band and wrote some pretty fun music.
Grammy-nominated recording artist and one-time member of the Lumineers, Maxwell Hughes will be performing at Cantina in Saratoga Springs at 8pm on Thursday (July 10). The show is free and all ages. He recently toured in his home state of Colorado with Saratoga Springs singer-songwriter MaryLeigh Roohan.