Story and photographs by Timothy Reidy
Here’s my list of the Top 10 shows in Albany, NY, USA:
1. UK @ The Egg, April 25: A UK show and a King Crimson show all in one and very well done.
2. Wild Adriatic with Mirk @ the Bayou Café, February 15: Life did not get much better than this double bill of fun in February.
3. Steve Hackett @ The Egg, September 29: Almost missed this one, although it took 20 minutes for one song to be exceptional.
4. MOVE Music Festival @ various locations, April 27: Nostalgia and good new acts made this one extra special.
5. Art on Lark @ Lark Street, June 8: I paced myself right and saw lots of Meagan Duffy to boot.
6. Diego Garcia with Ashley Sofia @ The Linda, November 15: Dry performances work well at The Linda, and he was better than expected.
7. George Clinton & Parliament-Funkedelic @ Alive at 5 at Riverfront Park, June 27: If you could not have fun at this show, you should have left. Funky times abounded before the rain.
8. Timbre Coup with Consider the Source @ Red Square, December 31-January 1: This is how you start the new year off the right way with jamming and intricate sounds.
9. Blues Traveler with the Daley Brothers and Wild Adriatic @ the New York State Food Festival at the Empire State Plaza, August 14: Good triple shot of evening festivities, and Blues Traveler was spot on.
10. The Parlor with Sgt. Dunbar & the Hobo Banned and the Chandler Travis Philharmonic @ Valentine’s Music Hall, October 26: The best show from the Parlor, plus Sgt. Dunbar and the Philharmonic were both in fine form.
MORE OF NIPPERTOWN’S BEST OF 2013 LISTS
Stanley Johnson’s Top 15 Most Memorable Entertainment Events of the Year
Fred Rudofsky’s Top 25 Concerts of the Year
Timothy Reidy’s Year in Review Video
Mike Hotter’s Favorite Albums of the Year
Fred Rudofsky’s Best Albums of the Year
J Hunter’s Best Concerts of the Year
J Hunter’s Best Jazz Albums, Part II
J Hunter’s Best Jazz Albums, Part I
Got a Best of 2013 list that you’d like to share with Nippertown readers? Best concerts of the year? Best Local 518 music moments of the year? Best plays? Best art gallery exhibits? Best books by local authors? Best whatever? Please keep it local, but send it along to email@example.com