NAME: Judith Hill
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Vanessa Bell Armstrong’s Chosen album
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … First concert I ever saw was Little Richard and Billy Preston singing together.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Piano
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS …”Amen” by Harry Belafonte
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Michel Polnareff
She’s been a back-up singer for such A-list artists as Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Michael Jackson, but 2013 has been Judith Hill’s breakthrough year, claiming the spotlight for her own on television (“The Voice”) and at the movies (“20 Feet from Stardom”). The powerhouse vocalist grabs the microphone at the Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton at 7pm on Thursday (December 12). Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the door. And she’ll also make a tour stop at 9pm on Friday (December 13) at Club Helsinki in Hudson. Tickets are $28 in advance; $35 at the door.