NAME: Professor Louie
BAND AFFILIATION: Professor Louie & the Crowmatix
INSTRUMENT: Keyboards, Accordion, Vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Not sure which one came first: a) Meet the Beatles b) John Coltrane’s Ballads c) Take Five by Dave Brubeck
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Murray the K show presenting Cream, the Who, Wilson Pickett & others on BWY in NYC
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Owned a portable Hohner electric piano. Played acoustic piano first
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Onward Christian Soldiers,” playing piano with the school choir
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Besides school bands, my first rock ‘n’ roll band was called the Humbugs. We played at the World’s Fair at the New York Pavillion.