NAME: Steve Katz
INSTRUMENT: Guitar and Vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Hugo Winterhalter Plays Great Music Themes of Television (1952)
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Flatt & Scruggs at the New York Society for Ethical Culture (1960)
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Guitar
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Day-O”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The Even Dozen Jug Band
Steve Katz – who grew up in Schenectady and was a regular performer on the local televised variety show “The Teenage Barn” – was a key member of three pioneering bands of the ’60s: the Even Dozen Jug Band, the Blues Project and Blood, Sweat and Tears. In his solo show at WAMC-FM’s The Linda in Albany at 8pm on Saturday (September 7), Katz will offer an unforgettable memoir in music, with inside stories only he can tell. Ramblin Jug Stompers will play a short opening set. Tickets are $18.