BAND AFFILIATION: Currently vocalist/bassist with the Rob Skane 3; also gigging with the Bremners (duo with Rob Skane); Mersey Beat (acoustic rock). And a reunion show with C. Jane Run on August 3.
INSTRUMENT: Vocals, bass guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles. Bought it with Christmas money. That Christmas, I got Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour, too, so it was a really good holiday!
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … The Doobie Brothers, Syracuse War Memorial, 1978.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A really cool Strat knock-off guitar. It was red with a silver pick guard that my cousin, Vic, got for me. He was a roadie for the Todd Hobin Band, a local Syracuse band at the time.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Not sure, although it was probably a Beatles tune.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … My first working band was the Cause. We were from Syracuse and played a lot in the Capital Region from 1985-88.
The Rob Skane 3 isn’t scheduled to step back into the spotlight until Saturday, August 10 at Blessings Tavern in Colonie, but in the meantime, Mike Lisi (aka Mick Wray) will strap on his bass for an “almost 25th anniversary” reunion show with alt-popsters C. Jane Run – in their first gig since 2005 – at Katie O’Byrne’s in Schenectady at 9pm on Saturday (August 3). Admission is free.