NAME: William Rees
INSTRUMENT: Viola, Guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Not sure, but Fugazi’s Repeater was the first vinyl I bought, at age 15.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Most likely something classical… otherwise, probably Blink 182 when I was 12 years old.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Viola.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Again, something classical most likely. In my own band, though, the first song we ever played was called “Intro.” Creative, I know…
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Boxes of Squares
Violaist William Rees will join Brooklyn-based bass clarinetist Lea Bertucci for an adventurous evening of music at the Spring Street Gallery in Saratoga Springs at 8pm on Saturday, July 6. Admission to the show is on a sliding scale from $6-$10.